After touring the stone houses, we toured the Bushplane Museum which is across the street.
the Museum features 24 vintage aircraft from the Silver Dart to the Cl-215, Forest Management and Fire Protection Displays and Children's Flight Center. Will not pretend to name the aircraft.
We then toured the Sault Ste Marie Canal Locks maintained by Parks Canada. The canal provides a safe navigable channel between Lake Huron and Lake Superior located on St Mary's River. The lock operates between 15 May and 15 October. Construction began in 1889 and was completed in 1895. At the time of construction,it was the world's longest lock and the first to operate using hydroelectric power. Today it is a recreational lock with the last ships passing through in 1987.
|Plaque for Canal|
|Canal and Locks|
|View of International Bridge from Canal|
|Two Boats in the Lock|